2-Day Hands On Workshop
It easy to advertise your business with AdWords. Unfortunately, we’ve found that many advertisers end up losing money rather than making it. Google makes it easy to set up online ads. But if you don’t know the ropes, it’s also easy to burn through your budget without results. Let’s review what we’ll cover in our two-day hands-on workshop.
Spend $500 & Get $1,000 or Spend $1,000 & Get $500: You Choose
Getting your business to show at the top of a organic search is a long-term strategy (SEO). It can take years to build up a website so it attracts a steady stream of qualified leads. Search Engine Marketing also known as Pay-Per-Click can turn on that stream of qualified potential customers quickly… if done right. We’ve seen businesses waste their hard-earned marketing dollars with poorly constructed advertising campaigns. AdWords has a complicated interface, and there are some fundamentals to put into place before spending your first $1. Here’s a real example.
A Bay Area business who sells online training courses has an 8-year old AdWords account that was actively spending around $20,000 month on digital ads. The competition in their industry is fierce; price is a huge factor in getting results and competitors lead with below-market rates. Before working with us, their account was losing money. This client’s ad campaigns:
- Had a negative ROI. Ad campaigns were set up 8 years ago with the strategy of including as many relevant keywords as possible. However, some keywords were poor performers while others were involved in bidding wars. Resolution: clean up of keywords and tighter correlation to specific ad groups and landing pages.
- We’re getting a lot of clicks but no conversions. The client was focused on CPC (Cost Per Clicks). Resolution: Switched strategy to CPA (Cost Per Acquisition), managing the account to high performance rather than quantity of clicks.
- Were incorrectly tracking performance. Key pieces of data were missing from their reports and therefore account adjustments were made in the dark. Resolution: Implemented a robust (and low-cost) tracking system to measure everything.
So, would you rather spend $500 to get $1,000 in new business or spend $1,000 and get $500?
Code Stars Summit Workshop: September 29-30
Looking for a webinar to get a taste of AdWords? Then you’re in the wrong place. If you’re looking to get hands-on instruction and apply your knowledge to a real-life AdWords account, then we look forward to meeting you. In our intensive two-day workshop, you will:
- Understand the different kinds of keywords used in search and how they tie into buying behavior
- Discern between online paid advertising from other marketing efforts and how to coordinate the two
- Explore the AdWords interface and zero in on the areas of most importance
- Recognize and use units of measurement to manage an AdWords account
- Construct successful ads and landing pages using best practices and launch them
- Calculate an account’s ROI to make strategic decisions
Google Certified & UC Berkeley Extension Instructors
So what makes us qualified to teach you the above? First, our agency is Google certified. Google measures our performance. We must pass certification exams. We have to prove our ability every month. So no slacking off. Ever.
Both Alyson and I are UC Berkeley Extension Instructors. We’ve taught at both the Belmont and SF Campuses. Our love of teaching doesn’t stop on campus. If a client wants to learn what we do — AdWords, SEO, Content Marketing — we’re happy to teach them. We’ve found that an educated client is a better partner. Through collaboration and mutual respect we simply get better results.
So, are you ready to learn? Let’s do this. Your next step is to register. Then drop us a line and introduce yourself.
How can we help?
What do your links and content say about your site’s SEO? What does your data say in Search Console?
We are Spectrum Group Online, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.