Searching For Something?
Microsoft’s Bing is the second biggest search engine, having gained 1.2 billion unique global visitors (and growing). If you’re already running online PPC ads to generate leads, include Microsoft Ads to take advantage of its growing market share.
What You Need
- Building an Account – A Pay-Per-Click (PPC) account needs to be built logically around your business. Having campaigns structured focused on your main business areas helps you grow your account in step with your company.
- Setting Goals & Tracking Success – Tracking ROI is integral to all types of PPC campaigns, and Microsoft PPC is no exception. If you’re not tracking results, you can’t know what works and what’s driving success.
- Crafting Compelling Copy – Persuasive writing is a crucial part of online advertising. Making the most of your ad copy, so it’s customer-centric, drives qualified leads.
- Optimizing Ads – Managing Microsoft PPC Ads isn’t a set-it-and-forget-it endeavor. Your campaigns need regular monitoring and an A/B testing plan. You’ll find that optimizing ad performance is an ongoing and never-ending process to improve results.
- Driving Conversions – Getting clicks and a good CTR is great. Yet ultimately, you want to drive conversions and revenue. As a data-first agency, Spectrum Group focuses on the metrics that mean the most for growing your business.
Microsoft Ads Best Practices
After years of experience in the PPC industry, we at Spectrum recommend these two strategies for those who see the potential in running Bing ads.
Mirroring your Campaigns
Worried you’ll have too many things to manage on top of having Google Ads? Mirroring your Google Ads campaigns onto your Microsoft Ads simplifies the management process and helps you focus on your conversion goals. Since the two platforms are significantly different, you won’t be able to replicate it exactly. However, you can leverage high-performing ad text and landing page content.
The Power of LinkedIn Profile Targeting
Linkedin is a powerful platform used to target highly relevant audiences based on professional profiles. Enjoy the benefit of serving ads to profiles specific to any industry, job function, and company within the US and selected markets. This is a function unique only to Microsoft Advertising.
Making Use of Yahoo & DuckDuckGo
Microsoft Bing Ads also allows you to run your adverts on Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and other search engines through ad distribution. So if you want to ensure all of your bases are covered, setting up an account will let you advertise on plenty of platforms.
Yahoo has ~ 5% of the search engine market share, which translates into millions of daily searches. Meanwhile, DuckDuckGo gives you the benefit of running cheaper ads for privacy-focused users.
Spectrum Microsoft Bing Ads Services
We are a certified Microsoft Advertising Partner, which means we are a qualified agency to set up and manage Microsoft Advertising campaigns. When you work with us, you get the peace of mind of working with an experienced and certified SEM agency. In our work together, we promise:
Strategic Intelligence – Evaluate your online presence using data. Take a deep dive into your Analytics to find how well your SEO (content, links,) Google Ads and other digital marketing assets are performing.
Training & Implementation – Whether you want us to train you or have us manage your accounts for you, we’ll create a customized digital marketing plan based on your growth and revenue goals.
Ethical Transparency – Managing your online assets can be complicated. Know exactly what’s involved and how to maximize your ROI from paid search advertising.
Ready to Talk?
Our reputation is based upon transparency with our clients and excellence in our deliverables. If you need a Microsoft Advertising agency to fine-tune your existing campaign, or you need strategy and implementation to launch it, schedule a 30-minute no-obligation consultation with us.
Microsoft Ads FAQs
What is the difference between Google Ads and Microsoft Ads?
There are many differences between the two platforms. First is the audience. According to Search Engine Journal, 54% of Microsoft’s Bing users are 45 years old or older, with a third of them bringing in more than $100,000 in household income. In our experience, keywords on Google Ads are more expensive than on Microsoft as they have a larger audience/reach. It really depends on your industry, competitive landscape, and business goals.
Are Microsoft Ads free?
No. Microsoft Ads works on an auction similar to Google Ads. Basically, you’re bidding on keywords so your ads are served to searchers. How much you spend on Microsoft Ads (and Google Ads) depends upon multiple factors. We’ve found that every client’s average cost per click is unique, and therefore optimization needs careful tending.
How effective are Microsoft Ads?
We’ve found Microsoft Ads to be effective for many companies, especially for B2B marketing. Since the Bing audience skews older, this can provide an advantage. Microsoft Bing users tend to have higher incomes and purchase more (22% more than on other search engines).