Ticking the Boxes
As we discussed yesterday, LinkedIn can be a really powerful tool for your business. Yesterday we walked through how you can make the most out of your personal profile, today we’re looking at how you can supercharge your company profile by following our optimization checklist.
Here’s a breakdown of what you need to do on your company page:
- Choose high-resolution png image that’s clear and as large as possible.
- This logo appears on all your current and past employees’ profiles.
- If your logo isn’t high quality consider adding a different version of the logo using these company page image specifications.
- The banner image appears above the company logo on the company page.
- This image sets the brand tone of the company page you can use it to show your products or your people.
- Kluft does a better job than most with regard to their LinkedIn company banner image. Many companies have not paid attention to recent LinkedIn changes and have the default banner image on their company pages which obviously doesn’t help them stand out.
- LinkedIn may be rolling out the ability to have a video play in the banner area. Stay tuned for when this feature is rolled out for your business (if it isn’t already).
- Google previews the first 150 (or so) characters of your description in organic search. Make sure the About Us section leads with powerful and keyword-rich content. Describe your business, expertise and industry focus. When LinkedIn searchers view your company page, they will see a paragraph or so of the About Us section as well as the latest post.
- The About Us section should be rewritten to reflect your company goals direction. Questions to answer within the About Us section:
- Who are you?
- Where are you based?
- What do you offer?
- What are your values?
- What is your brand voice?
- How can people contact you to learn more?
- Company details & Locations
- Make sure this section reflects your business and how it is currently. Keep it up to date and make sure it is on the list for updates if any of your NAP changes.
- Featured Groups (max 3)
- Within LinkedIn, there are Groups where like-minded professionals share information, pose questions and provide helpful answers.
- Use the search function to find groups where your employees participate already, or where they could add value to conversations.
- Showcase Pages
- A showcase page is a free extension of your Company Page. It’s designed to spotlight a product, business unit, or initiative.
- Consider adding a showcase page for each of your products, locations, or business units if you feel it is appropriate.
- Note: If a LinkedIn user does not choose to see the full About Us section, they will not see your locations.
- Each showcase page can have a unique cover banner with images reflecting the location.
- You can have location-specific posts (e.g., specials, events) linked to a retail store. This is useful if you’re trying to drive foot traffic.
- Career Page
- Sharing Content
- LinkedIn recommends posting on the company page at least once per weekday. Find a posting cadence that works for you (e.g., twice a week on days of the week that receive the most engagement/shares) because once a day might be too much depending on the size of your team.
- Focus on being helpful and friendly, not sales oriented. Posting too many promotional or self-serving posts is a turn-off in social media. At most, 20% of your company posts should be self-promotional; the remaining 80% posts are sharing others’ content.
- Always include an image on the posts. Posts with images receive a 98% higher comment rate.
- Grab attention with thought-provoking headlines and introductory sentence. Post with visually arresting images and finely-crafted headlines get clicks and shares.
- The trend is rich-media posts rather than text-based posts. When posting about a YouTube video, include the YouTube video link so it plays directly in the LinkedIn feed. Videos that play within LinkedIn are shared 75% more often.
LinkedIn Company Profile
Following these steps should improve your company’s LinkedIn profile and get some interaction going. As with anything, the more attention you give your profile, the more likely it is to bear fruit. So hopefully following our LinkedIn company profile optimization checklist will get you some more followers, and eventually, more customers!
How can we help?
What do your links and content say about your site’s SEO? What does your data say in Search Console?
We are Spectrum Group Online, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.