Create Content That Drives Awareness & Inspires Action
Content marketing is the art and science of providing information to your visitors. Done well, it is one of the hallmarks in creating a successful website. SEO rankings are built by keeping content concentrated. No doubt you’ve heard the saying “Content is King.” As nauseating as this cliche is, it’s a tried-and-true online marketing strategy. Over time it gets businesses ranked higher with search engines.
So what is content marketing?
At its core, it is sharing information related to an area of expertise. The idea is that if you publish interesting and relevant content online, search engines index that content. Google and Bing serve it up via Search Engine Results Pages. The more content you publish, the more opportunities (pages and blog posts) can be served to potential prospects. More impressions lead to more clicks, which leads to more eyeballs on your website. You’re probably thinking… that’s quite a daisy-chain of events. True, but it works. Why? Because content marketing is the fuel that feeds natural or organic SEO.
Elements of Content Marketing
In our experience, not one element is a silver bullet. It takes coordination across several tactics to move the SEO needle to where visibility is increased. On your website think of the main navigation as the top of a sales funnel. General terms and keywords educate. Sub-pages get more specific, using longer-tail keywords (searches by a fewer number of potential viewers representing a more targeted audience). These supporting web pages provide more detailed information as visitors get closer to making a purchase. A well-built website has content using SEO underpinnings: matching keywords and content to where the prospect is during the buying cycle.
There are many components to content marketing, including:
Website Pages – crafted upon an SEO infrastructure, your website has a hierarchy of pages that informs, educates, and persuades.
Blog Writing – consistent and frequent publishing of information related to your industry and services.
Content Curation – monitoring and sharing relevant content surrounding your business and industry
White Papers – valuable content that’s packaged in a way so visitors provide contact information to receive it.
Articles – original content that is published on content aggregation or syndication sites
Content Not Driving More Leads?
Frustrated That Your Content Isn’t Driving More Leads? Our FREE On-Page Content Audit Uncovers:
- What search engines “see” on the page
- Content optimization missteps
- Page value and its conversion contribution
“I appreciate the depth of knowledge, clear passion for the work, and the transparency Spectrum offers.”Program Manager, Graduate Program at Well-Known University
Before our clients hire us, many feel overwhelmed or stuck. We hear phrases like:
- I don’t know what to write about.
- Hasn’t it all been said? How do I make it unique and interesting?
- I don’t have time to blog.
- How do I leverage content I already have?
- I’ve got ideas but my staff doesn’t write at the level or pace I need.
At The Spectrum Group Online, we use both our left and right brains to problem solve. The advantage is that you get creativity as well as the Analytics to propel your online marketing efforts forward.
Phases of Content Marketing
- Construct a strategy. First, we’ll work with you to better understand your industry’s competitive landscape. Then, we’ll define things like: company brand, value proposition, prospect needs, keyword research. All these together support an online marketing strategy and feeds into White Hat SEO infrastructure.
- Develop content. Whether it’s launching a new website or relaunching an old one, we help develop or tweak content so it supports your online sales funnel.
- Optimize content. Once written, content needs to be optimized according to your SEO strategy, aiding in getting it indexed and ranked with search engines.
- Publish content. This phase focuses on expanding your business’ reach through social media, niche industry sites, social networking and bookmarking sites.
Content is a reflection of your company’s brand. Whether it appears in a traditional printed brochure or via a downloadable pdf, it needs to express your expertise and thought leadership while connecting with your clientele. Then, it needs to be optimized for the Web, getting your business visibility with search engines.
So, how do you wrap all that into a nice big bow? With these content marketing writing services, of course:
- Ghostwriting website pages
- Ghostwriting blog posts
- Optimizing web content
- White papers
- Email marketing
- Social Media posts
Ready to spruce up your current content or generate new pages? Reach out today and schedule a no-obligation consultation.