Reaching Out to the WP Community
Matt Mullenweg, co-creator of WordPress and CEO of Automattic, recently reminded WP aficionados that the deadline to speak at SF WordCamp 2014 is closing soon. June 30th is the deadline for the Bay Area’s event set for the Fall.
2014 Event Details
SF WordCamp 2014 is scheduled for October 25-26 at the Mission Bay Conference Center. Here are a few general bits of info about this annual event:
- There are typically two tracks for sessions, one for developers and one for content contributors.
- You’ll find the session topics are varied and encourage lively discussion amongst participants.
- It’s a prime opportunity to network with others in the WP community. This group can be a bit quirky, so people-watching at the event can be particularly entertaining.
- Tickets to SF WordPress 2014 will most likely sell out quickly as the venue has limited capacity. No announcement has been made about when registration will open.
- There are other developer-related events (like the WordPress Community Summit) following SF WordCamp 2014.
SF WordCamp 2014 Speakers
If you’ve attended in the past, then you’re familiar with the caliber of speakers Automattic chooses. Specifically, they look for:
- Varying backgrounds as the SF WordCamp 2014 audience is a mix of writers, developers, and others who use WordPress creatively. Previous speaking experience (especially at premier events) is helpful.
- Inspiration versus instruction. While how-to sessions can be interesting, online tutorials offer a plethora of learning opportunities. Show off your passion with your session.
- You can also nominate others to speak. Have you seen a speaker at another conference that would be a great fit? The application form allows you to nominate a speaker.
Is SF WordCamp 2014 on your calendar?
How can we help?
Launching a WordPress website and need help with keyword research? Or, are you tweaking your content to improve sales conversion? We are the spectrum group online, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.