Do you want to write content for Spectrum? If you’re interested in guest blogging with the Spectrum Group Online then read our guidelines here.
Topics of Interest
We welcome writers who can contribute to the ever-changing and growing conversation about digital marketing. In case you’re not sure what The Spectrum Group Online is all about, here are some of the categories we blog about and our philosophy about each:
- Digital Marketing Blogging — the antithesis of an online diary, our bloggers scan the web for current events and trends. We want to demonstrate thought leadership on sharing relevant and useful information that our clients need to know.
- Email Marketing – spammers need not apply. This category focuses on using emails as a tool to nurture relationships and generate business.
- SEO — we’re not the typical SEO agency. Our job doesn’t end by generating web traffic. That traffic needs to be qualified and convert. We also believe keyword research is well… key. It’s the foundation of a great website’s architecture and how great content is seen via organic search. SEO is also the data that supports design. We use only White Hat SEO techniques as we want to keep our clients (and our own) reputation squeaky clean.
- Link Building — cultivating an online audience means our content is shared on relevant and authoritative websites. We never purchase links and we’re picky about the websites who link to us. And, we’re just as picky about who we link to. Links are powerful to SEO and can be dangerous so we use an arsenal of technical tools to evaluate them.
- Reputation Management — this is a broad category that spans gathering persuasive testimonials to monitoring one’s brand to responding to nay-sayers.
- SEM – the fastest way to turn on the marketing faucet is through Pay-Per-Click. There’s the science of managing campaigns and an art to optimizing results. At the end of the day, we strive to find the equilibrium between the lowest cost per click with the highest response rates.
- Technology Trends – mobile marketing, changes in privacy, SoMe tools. If it’s emerging, then we chat about it here.
- Web Design & Development — beauty is the eye of the beholder, but heat maps don’t lie. This category focuses on how to create great web designs that incorporate user experience best practices. Sometimes we share design tips like how to optimize landing pages and basic conversion techniques.
- Website Content Development — not to be confused with marketing spin. We believe that a way to differentiate yourself from online clutter is to educate while sharing your point of view. We also believe that great content on our site “walks our talk.” We want to show our clients how to be present on the web by using our own site as an example.
Become a Blog Contributor
Now, a little about our philosophy about guest blogging. We’re happy to share our online stage with you, provided that:
- Our relationship isn’t a one-time thing. Contributing to our blog means you’re a regular contributor. We ask you contribute at least once per quarter. You’ll receive author credit for all articles submitted.
- Your article is focused on sharing information rather than selling. We get that you want to talk about your services. That said, our blog isn’t about “Buy Here. Buy Now.” That’s what SEM landing pages are all about.
- Your post is relevant to the current digital marketing conversation. While we’ll entertain ideas for all things related to building a business, we want to stay on message.
- You’re open to any changes that will enhance the post (e.g., grammar, citing additional sources, images).
- All outbound links are relevant (to the post’s topic), legit, and not purchased. As we mentioned, we only use White Hat SEO techniques. Buying links is a sure-fire way to get into trouble with the Search Engine police. We won’t risk it with our reputation, and we’d strongly encourage you to change your ways.
Let’s Get Started
As you can imagine, we get dozens of requests every week to contribute to our blog and offering a link. To help us get acquainted and determine if we’re a good match, please complete this questionnaire.