Last Updated on August 5, 2020
You expect Google Products to be available most anywhere, especially online. But they are starting to infiltrate our offline world. As I was returning home from a weekend getaway I saw something very unusual… a Google self-driving car. I had heard of it but had never actually seen one in the wild. You can’t miss it as it has a weird roof rack with a spinning cone mounted at the top. Plus it has telltale Google bumper sticker. The version I spotted was a hybrid Lexus SUV. It caused quite a stir on 280; traffic was slowing down and ogling the strange looking beast.
It made me wonder what other goofy Google products are available. In true Google fashion, I “googled” it and guess what I found? A whole store dedicated to accessories, wearables, and other schwag! In honor of the Google I/O conference that starts today, here are a few of my favorites bit of Googly fun:
- Remote-controlled, inflatable Android. For those aged 3 and up, it can be yours for only $99.60. There’s a cheaper wind-up version for under 4 bucks.
- Android neon light, perfect for late-night hack-a-thons where a neon green light urges you to write one more line of code. They also have lava lamps for a more retro vibe.
- Need a place to store snacks? Then the Android Cookie Jar is a must-have.
- Soccer ball to knock around in the office or out. Good news is that it’s Fair Trade approved (what a relief). Want something that won’t damage the furniture? Then the Juggle Ball Set is probably a safer bet.
- Want to rock out on the tunes you’ve uploaded to Google Music? An Xsquare portable speaker will make you popular on your next Hangout.
What other weird Google products have you seen?