If you want to make the most out of your WordPress website you need to be using plugins. Plugins are just like apps on your phone and can add great features to any WordPress website. Here’s a list of our favourite, white hat friendly, WordPress SEO plugins.
First up are some general SEO plugins that we like to use:
- Yoast – we’re often signing Yoast’s praises and you can read more about it here. So to keep things brief, we like Yoast. It is a good plugin.
- Schema – this plugin helps markup your website using Schema. This is a language that search engines use to better understand what’s on your website.
Here are some plugins that help your site load more quickly, which helps your site’s
- Simple Cache – this plugin caches your website
so that if someone visits your site they will automatically save some of the appearance of the website. So next time they visit the browser will already know what your site looks like, and load it more quickly.
- Ewww Image Optimizer – this clever tool compresses images on your website so they load faster.
- AMP – the Accelerated mobile pages does exactly what it says. It creates pages that load faster on mobile devices. It works in a similar way to the simple cache plugin above.
SEO isn’t the only important thing you can address with Plugins. Security is always a big concern and here are two security related plugins we like to use:
- Sucuri – Again, we’ve mentioned our love of Sucuri in the past. But we’re still using this plugin to protect our site from spam and attacks.
- Jetpack – Jetpack is a
multifunctionalplugin that does a number of different things, but in particular we enjoy the security-related aspects of their tool. It’s especially useful in fending off brute force attacks.
And here are a couple of plugins that don’t fit into the categories above, but we don’t want to forget:
- Redirection plugin – a quick and easy to use redirection plugin for when you change a page’s URL or if you remove content and want to redirect any users from the old URL to a new place.
- CMS tree view – This useful plugin lets you look at your website’s pages in a simple and easy to understand way. Making it easy to rearrange your site’s architecture, and organize pages in a logical way.
SEO Plugins Uncovered
What do your links and content say about your site’s SEO? What does your data say in Search Console? We are Spectrum Group Online, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.