Last Updated on
9th Annual Event
Each year we like to participate in Silicon Valley Code Camp (SVCC) as it’s a way to stay connected with the technical community. Our SVCC SEO workshops are now up and visible. You can now register for this free two-day event. We’d appreciate your interest in our two 90-minute sessions. While you’re at it, check out the other 168 sessions available.
Our buddy Peter Kellner organizes this amazing event each year. Here are the important things to know about SVCC:
- Always free to attendees. As such, it attracts nearly 3,000 attendees from all over the Bay Area.
- Never occurs during working hours. Foothill College offers the backdrop for the 200 or so sessions covering venture capital fundraising to career management and everything in between.
- Presenters come from the developer community. They give back by offering anything from informal “chalk talks” to presentations.
Our SVCC 2014 SEO Workshops
This year we have two SVCC 2014 SEO workshops.
This 90-minute session focuses on generating quality content. Content marketing is one of the major factors in gaining organic search visibility. Alyson will focus on:
- The two audiences for SEO and which ones trumps the other
- Inspiration for consistent content generation
- Ideas to organize your content marketing strategy
- Natural optimization tips
- Psychology behind title tags and meta descriptions
Keyword Research Under the Microscope
In this session I’ll focus on the steps that go into in-depth keyword research. It’ll cover:
- Technical optimization fundamentals
- 4 phases of keyword research
- Scientific applications of research to a website’s infrastructure
- Testing & measuring optimization
- SEO tools and resources
Quench Your SEO Thirst with Workshops & Classes
Keep in mind that the above sessions are about 1.5 hours each. We’ve got a lot of material to cover which means we’ll be moving pretty fast. If you’re thirsty for more hands-on interaction — where you can apply the material to your website — you have a couple of other options. The first is a two-day SEO bootcamp offered through Code Stars Summit on October 9 and 10. The other is a four-week program called Search Engine Optimization for Real Business (Bus Adm 1092) offered from UC Berkeley Extension starting Monday, October 13.
Whatever you choose, we look forward to lively SEO discussions. Will we see you soon? If so, where?!
How can we help?
Need some one-on-one SEO training? Or, are you tweaking your website to improve sales conversion?
We are the spectrum group online, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.