The Online Marketing World is Shifting
When we started The Spectrum Group Online we made a conscious decision to not be like other SEO agencies. We decided to use only White Hat techniques. We decided that holding clients hostage via technology wasn’t the foundation for long-term relationships. We decided to educate others on what we do so they would value our services. Now, we’ve been hired by other SEO agencies to educate them on our techniques. Guess what we’re doing is finally catching on.
With 100+ changes to their search algorithm in 2013, Google continues to smack spammers. Unfortunately, the clients who hire less-than-scrupulous SEO agencies, bear the brunt of the Mountain View giant’s wrath. We’ve seen ethical businesses, who have valuable services to offer and employ hard-working workers who count on them, get penalized while their Grey Hat SEO agency walks away unscathed. Call me an idealist… but I think this is wrong. My opinion is that SEO agencies who play Russian roulette with their clients’ online reputation with Grey (or Black) Hat SEO techniques should also be penalized.
What We Teach Other SEO Agencies
- To not guarantee SEO results as it’s unethical and against Google’s quality guidelines
- White Hat SEO achieves slower results and is less volatile to algorithm changes
- Link building is a long-term strategy with a primary focus to drive business, increased SEO equity is a secondary side benefit
- Publish quality content regularly
- Use Analytics to provide insight on the health of a website and visitor behaviors
What’s been your experience with SEO agencies?
How can we help?
Confused about what SEO services you really need? Want help in interpreting your Google Analytics data for online marketing insights? Don’t have the time or bandwidth to implement a consistent SEO strategy?
We are the spectrum group, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss how to leverage customer testimonials.