Boost Your Browser
If you use Google Chrome like us (and almost 75% of all internet browsing public) then you’ll probably have a few extensions. For example, you might have a Chromecast plugin so you can stream YouTube from your laptop onto your TV. Or, you may have a VPN so you can watch BBC TV in the States. But these add-ons aren’t just for fun, they are also great for managing your business’ online presence. Here are six of our favorite SEO Chrome extensions.
Favorite SEO Chrome Extensions
Nimbus is a nice extension that helps you to take screengrabs and modify them. So if you’re preparing a quick presentation, or sending an update to a client, or member of your team, you can take a screenshot in Nimbus, annotate it, blur out anything sensitive, then get it sent. You may find this tool useful as you create web content (a major component of SEO) on the fly.
BuiltWith is a great little application for to X-Ray a website. The application lets you see what any given website is…built with. We find it especially useful if we’re speaking to a new client or prospects, as it can let us know what systems and software they’re using on their site. We’ve found that not all website platforms have an SEO backbone, and this handy tool lets us see what’s what.
Inbound links are the most powerful component of SEO. Check My Links is a helpful little SEO Chrome extension that allows you to quickly assess the number of links on a page, tracking down which ones are working, and which are not. It is also useful if you’re using the broken link building technique to improve a site’s SEO. Quality inbound links boost your organic visibility and broken links signal how diligent a Webmaster manages a site.
This tool is essentially an emulator letting you see what a page looks like in a different browser, or on a different device. So instead of needing to have IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari all installed on your device, you can just use the Agent Switcher to simulate what the page would look like from another browser. While Chrome has the 75% of market share, make sure the other 25% can view (and buy) from you.
Open Multiple URLs does exactly what you’d expect it to do. If you’ve ever been given a CSV full of links to check or a list of 301 redirects to set up, you’ll know the pain of individually right-clicking and opening in a new tab hundreds of times. Well, OMU takes that pain away.
Again, another useful app with a self-explanatory name. Word Count will count the number of words that you have on a page or in a particular situation. This stops you wasting time copy and pasting text in and out of Word or Google docs. This extension is especially useful if you’re doing things like a landing page analysis where you need a quick overview of what’s on a page. Does your meta data (title tags and meta descriptions) show well in organic search? Use Word Count to ensure you’re using all available characters without truncation.
Another useful plugin for Google Chrome is the Lighthouse plugin. You can now plug Google’s useful tool into your chrome browser, making it easier to carry out site speed tests and other website related reporting. This tool is a great time saver if you’re carrying out updates to your website and trying to make it function better.
Open SEO Stats (formally called PageRank Stats) is a great SEO plugin that finds all sorts of useful information on a page. The tool will help you find anything from word count, to meta descriptions and is great if you’re carrying out a content audit on a website.
What SEO Chrome extensions do you use? Got a great app to add to our list?
How can we help?
Do you worry about keeping up with technology? Does the idea of downloading Chrome extensions give you a headache?
We are Spectrum Group Online, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.