Job Summary for Full-Time or Part-Time Contractor
Seeking a high energy, creative, confident self-starter A-player to join our marketing team. We are a digital marketing agency specializing in WordPress websites, White Hat SEO, SEM, email marketing, social media… basically anything that’s on the web. On a day-to-day basis we wear many hats, so we need a multi-tasker who can work seamlessly and virtually. It’s not uncommon for us to have Google Drive, Hangouts, Skype, WebEx open simultaneously. Sound interesting? Then read on…
In this contractor role, you’ll be our “air traffic controller.” Rather than keeping planes in the air, you’ll keep our projects delivering on time with all the necessary bits and pieces. We have an ever-growing client list, where you’ll be working with our team and subcontractors. Examples of things you’ll be doing:
- Working with our Account Managers to review project deliverables, timelines, and resource allocations
- Creating monthly client reports that recap work delivered, elements in progress and any dependencies
- Helping define project scopes for proposals, including timelines and resources needed
- Acting as a communication lead by scheduling and leading meetings
- Keeping our task management system organized so the team hums along to the same tune
- Coordinating client and prospect meetings using various tools like Timebridge, Hangouts, WebEx, Skype
- Integrating lessons (and processes) learned from completed projects into new ones
- Superb communication skills. You’re an iron fist wrapped in a velvet glove. You also know how to facilitate meetings so they run smoothly and effectively. Since you’ll be working virtually, we will rely on good writing and attention to detail. Must be fluent in English both written and verbally.
- Love herding cats. Our agency works on a variety of projects individually as well as collaboratively. We’re a lively bunch. Sometimes a little wrangling is necessary.
- A positive attitude and proactive nature. We’re a small company and everyone works very hard. We like to have fun while exceeding our clients’ expectations. You eagerly ask for assignments and complete them on-time (or even early). You’re comfortable managing yourself and can quickly step in to help others and manage other contractors.
- Curious interest in technology. Many of our clients are tech-savvy. As a Silicon-Valley based agency the bar is pretty high. You’re not expected to know all things tech, but have an aptitude to learn new tools and apply them.
- Thirst for analyzing things and making them better. Digital marketing is evolving at a fast pace. If you’re standing still, you’re falling behind. We need you to look at our efficiencies and seek out where we can improve so we’re all rockstars.
Skills & Expertise that Would Put Us Over-the-Moon
- Experience with Teamwork PM or similar task/project management software
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and able to create reports
- Previous agency experience with a solid understanding of how to integrate all the moving parts of digital marketing
photo credit top: Jer Thorp