Let’s Get Interactive
Facebook has over 1 billion users, so while it might not be the cool new kid on the social media block, there’s still lots that a brand can get from using the platform. Take a look at these five tips on how to get more Facebook engagement from the content you’re posting.
5 Ways to Engage
- Get the most out of your Facebook content – If you’re a small business you probably don’t have time to create different content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. So to get the most out of what you post you need to use your content intelligently. For example, if you create a blog post, use the featured image as an Instagram post. Then share that image on Facebook as a Facebook post, to promote the blog further. 3 for the price of 1.Not only does this save you time and effort creating separate content for separate platforms, according to research from BuzzSumo it should get a much higher level of engagement. With Instagram posts being shared on Facebook getting as much as 23% more interactions.
- Keep an eye on the competition – Facebook has a ‘Pages to Watch’ feature where you can select several pages that you would like to monitor. We would suggest you pick companies in your space that’s performance you would like to emulate.If there’s a brand that you think creates good content, or has good engagement, they would be good ones to follow. Try to pick companies that are using Facebook better than you.
- Host Videos on Facebook – As a counterpoint to our first suggestion, when it comes to video… keep it on Facebook. While instinct would be to post any video content on YouTube, BuzzSumo’s study shows that videos that are hosted on Facebook directly get nearly 10x more engagement than those that are on YouTube but shared to Facebook. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t post your content on YouTube as well. But if you want engagement on Facebook from it, post it there directly as well.
- Keep it short – Another interesting statistic from BuzzSumo’s research is that posts with under 150 characters receive much more engagement than longer posts. Unlike Twitter, Facebook allows you to post longer content if you wish, but it seems that following a Twitter-like character limit will improve your engagement. The best performing posts have under 50 characters!
- Ask questions – The best performing type of post on Facebook is a question post, with an image. According to QuickSprout, these types of posts receive, on average, 616 interactions which are significantly higher than other types of posts on the platform. However, it is important to note that a simple question post, without an image, receives an average of 144 interactions. So don’t forget to find an image to share with your questions!
Even More Facebook Engagement
What ways do you try to get more engagement from your Facebook followers? Do you think there’s anything we’ve missed?
How can we help?
Is your Facebook page generating traction? Do you need help with Facebook engagement?
We are Spectrum Group Online, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.