Job Summary for Full-Time Contractor
Seeking a high energy, creative, confident self-starter A-player to join our marketing team. We are a digital marketing agency specializing in WordPress websites, White Hat SEO, SEM, email marketing, social media… basically anything that’s on the web. On a day-to-day basis we wear many hats, so we need a multi-tasker who can work seamlessly and virtually. It’s not uncommon for us to have Google Drive, Hangouts, Skype, WebEx all open simultaneously. Sound interesting? Then read on…
In this contractor role, you’ll be working on lots of projects, helping us service our ever-growing client list. Examples of things you’ll be doing:
- Handling customer service requests, which includes direct contact with clients and vendors via email and phone
- Coordinating client meetings using various tools like ScheduleOnce, Hangouts, WebEx, Skype and any other tool du jour
- Learning and applying SEO techniques such as schema, link building, revising and testing metadata
- Working within Time Management tools, cleaning up and ensuring tasks are on track for completion to delight our clients
- Uploading & modifying content on WordPress websites
- Organizing client reports, where you’ll be working closely with various team members to pull together data, snapshots and other goodies to show performance progress
- Monitoring our social media, curating content and helping us manage our tweets, posts, and uploads to a variety of SoMe channels.
- Conducting keyword research using tools like the AdWords Keyword Planner, Excel, Moz, etc
- Ensuring timely execution and launch of email campaigns
- Superb communication skills. Since you’ll be working virtually, we rely on good writing and attention to detail. Must be fluent in English both written and verbally.
- A positive attitude. We’re a small company and everyone works very hard. We like to have fun while exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- Curious interest in technology. Many of our clients are tech-savvy. As a Silicon-Valley based agency, the bar is pretty high. You’re not expected to know all things tech, but have an aptitude to learn new tools and apply them.
- A proactive nature. We have a lot to accomplish each month. You eagerly ask for assignments and complete them on time (or even early). You’re comfortable managing yourself and can quickly step in to help others and manage other contractors.
- Thirst for learning new things. Digital marketing is evolving at a fast pace. If you’re standing still, you’re falling behind. That said, you’re also willing to build upon tried-and-true marketing concepts. We’re a collaborative group and value members that make us all rockstars.
- Your workspace. You’ll need quiet and privacy, so a home office with a door is a must. Virtually everything we do is on the Web so a fast Internet connection is required (DSL as a minimum). You’ll also need a late-model computer with Chrome and Skype installed. We’ll supply Google Apps access.
Skills & Expertise that Would Put Us Over-the-Moon
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar CMS
- Ability to write and edit original content
- An eye for design and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid understanding of how to integrate all the moving parts of digital marketing
photo credit top: Artotem