Method Behind the Madness
Thank you for the opportunity to discuss your digital marketing needs. This page aims to provide detail of each section contained in your customized pricing document.
You will notice that some of the items below are divided into subcategories of Retainer or Project. Our definition is:
– Retainer – A recurring cost for ongoing work typically billed monthly.
– Project- A one-time project with a fixed fee that includes specific deliverables within an agreed upon timeframe.
Hosting Your Website
- As a Spectrum hosting client, your website is maintained on a dedicated, private server specially optimized for WordPress. Since you are part of a select number of sites hosted on our server, your website is responsive and quick to load for visitors.
- Your website is hosted on a server designed for WordPress websites only. If you’re not using WordPress we can migrate your website to WordPress for you.
- If your site goes down we aim to respond to you within 1 hour and get the site back up and running as soon as possible.
- If you choose to host your website with Spectrum then you must also pay for Spectrum Website Maintenance (detailed below). This is so we can ensure that all websites on our server are kept up to the latest security standard.
- Your hosting can include HTTPS
- Your hosting services are charged yearly.
- Your website is maintained weekly. Before and after maintenance, files are backed-up. Your website’s theme and WordPress software care, along with all plugins, are updated. The final step is quality assurance, making sure you site is free or errors or unanticipated changes.
- Your maintenance would be charged monthly, although yearly payment is available at a discounted rate.
- We offer a reduced pricing for not-for-profit organizations who want us to maintain their site.
- WordPress Hardening – Mandatory if you want us to host your site.
- This makes your site harder to hack by adding some extra levels of security. If you want us to host your site this is mandatory, but we recommend it to all clients who have sites on WordPress regardless of if we host their site or not.
- Suggested Purchases
- We also suggest sites that we host purchase Sucuri. Sucuri is a Web Application Firewall and cleanup service (we suggest the basic plan – $199). And VaultPress backup to ensure daily restore points (we suggest Jetpack Premium – $99). If you choose to purchase either of these tools, you will purchase them direct. Not via Spectrum. This is to ensure that you have ownership of the tools, not us so if you choose to end your relationship with Spectrum then you are in control of everything you pay for.
The content referred to below could be anything from blog posts, webpages, whitepapers, email campaigns, newsletters, testimonials or case studies.
- Client Interview and Discovery – Mandatory project for us to produce content
- This helps us set a baseline of your expectations, learn about your brand, and most importantly, your business goals. This is a required project if you want us to write or optimize content as well as manage online advertising for you. If you have a Brand guide, this information will aid in the discovery process.
- Editorial Calendar creation
- This is especially important if you need multiple articles per month, and recommended if you want to produce any type of content regularly.
- Newsletter/ Email/ Sales Copy/ White-paper Creation
- We can help you produce specific pieces of content on a one-off basis, or create a template for you that you can use for future pieces that you produce yourself.
- Keyword Research Project
- This is a 90+ hour project and involves in-depth research into your keywords. We will create a list of 1000’s of potential keywords for your business prioritized by traffic and difficulty, and looking at your website and your competitors’ websites. Looking for opportunities where you can get the advantage over your rivals by finding the most effective keywords to focus your SEO efforts on.
If you choose to have Spectrum help with your content you would be given 3 basic options:
- Spectrum Research, Write and Optimize Your Content
- You will have outsourced the entire process to Spectrum. Your only requirement will be to check final drafts, and offer insight when we are in the initial planning stages on topics to write about.
- You Research, Spectrum Writes, Spectrum Optimize
- This option is often the most appropriate when dealing with a highly technical product, where your industry knowledge is integral to produce quality material. You will provide Spectrum with notes on a topic, which we will turn into optimized content for your website.
- Spectrum Optimizes Your Content, You Write It
- You plan and write your own content, we just add the finishing touches and optimize it for SEO, then upload it onto your website.
Additional Content items:
- Editorial Calendar Maintenance/ Upkeep
- As mentioned above, an editorial calendar is important if you plan to produce content on regular basis. If you would like Spectrum to create and maintain an editorial calendar on your behalf we can do so.
- Content Analysis
- Once content is published, it’s performance needs to be measured and analyzed. We use several tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console and HotJar to assess a page’s visibility in organic search, how visitors behave on the page, and it’s contribution to website conversions. The goal of content analysis is to make actionable recommendations to improve a page’s performance.
- Competitive Analysis
- Spectrum will research what your rivals doing and where they are present on social media. Then we will determine how much work will you need to do in order to compete and how best to direct your resources to make the most of social media.
- You Provide Content, Spectrum Post, Curate and Manage
- This would consist of 1 hour per platform, per week. We post and curate content on your behalf on whichever social media platforms you request. This will include sharing your own materials, promoting any events you hold, or take part in, and also sharing blogs etc from other resources that your followers may find interesting.
- You Provide Content, Spectrum Post, Curate and Manage
- Spectrum Create, Post, and Curate Content
- Your social media will be fully outsourced. Spectrum will post and share social media content based on guidelines you have given, but will otherwise function autonomously.
- Local SEO Setup Project –Mandatory project if you want us to work on your local SEO
- We carry out detailed research into where your company info is currently available online. We need to find out how big your online footprint is, including how Name, Address and Phone (NAP) data is listed. Often we find that NAP isn’t consistent across the web, and there may be missed listing opportunities.
- This allows search engines to better understand your area of interest and service geographically. Even for international companies, this information is presented in local searches.
- Monthly Adjustments/ Updates
- Updates to your NAP when required. Time for this will typically be taken from other aspects of your retainer as it is not a regular task.
- Link Assessment Onboarding Project – Mandatory if you want Spectrum to manage your links (unless you are launching a new website)
- This project helps us understand what links you have currently, and their health, as well as giving us ideas on where we can put links in the future. We use various different tools to assess your site and get an idea of the health of your link profile.
- This project can also be done as a standalone project if you want to know your link health and fix any issues yourself.
- Cleanup Project
- The length of this project is dependent on problems found during the onboarding process – We will fix all the issues we have discovered.
- Cleanup Ongoing
- Ongoing link maintenance. We ensure that your existing links are healthy, as well as adding new links where and when appropriate. This project takes time and requires a minimum of 8 hours per month (2 are banked for the future).
- Account Setup – This is required if you want us to run your PPC campaigns
- The costs are the same for Microsoft’s Bing Ads or Google Ads (previously AdWords). We create/review your account, link it to Google Analytics, and set up goals to ensure that your ads performance is tracked so you can measure success. Setup also includes a launch meeting where we will discuss the goals of your PPC campaign, any previous experiences you have had, ad text and display ads, as well as landing pages.
- Each channel needs to be carefully managed within their unique ecosystem. Google, Bing, and LinkedIn for examples of three ad channels.
- Paid Social Advertising Setup
- This is the same as above, but for any social media platform that you want to place paid advertising on (for example Facebook, Yelp, Instagram or Twitter).
- Monthly Management PPC
- Checking the account’s performance on a weekly basis. Ensuring that campaigns are running as required and making optimizations when needed. (Note this does not include what you pay Google). For higher spend ad accounts (over $5,000 per week) we structure things differently.
- Landing Page Optimization
- Spectrum audit your existing landing pages, or create and optimize new pages to make the most of your PPC campaigns.
- Monthly Management Social
- This is the same as above, but for any social media platform that you want to place paid ads on (for example Facebook or Twitter).
Analytics/ Project Management
- SEO Snapshot/ Annual Report
- Spectrum provide you with a detailed written report on all aspects of our work, or of your SEO in totality. This may be useful if you wish to report progress to senior management or investors at a micro level.
- SEO Snapshot/ Annual Report
- Google Analytics Audit
- Spectrum checks that your GA is tracking information accurately so you can measure your digital marketing efforts fully. This is vital for all aspects of digital marketing.
All of your meetings with Spectrum are 1 hour . We will carry out prep work beforehand and reporting of said meetings. Reporting will be emailed after the meeting’s completion. Meetings are charged per Spectrum team member, per meeting.
- Status Meeting PPC
- A regular status meeting to update you on how your account is performing. Plus a chance for you to give us input on any changes you may like to your PPC accounts.
- Status Meeting Links
- A regular status meeting to update you on how healthy your link profile is.
- Status Meeting PPC
- Status Meeting Content
- A regular status meeting to discuss your content and how it can be improved.
- Status Meeting WP
- A regular status meeting discussing your website. Typically required if we are building a new website, or extra pages for your site.