Adding Dynamic Content via Screen-casting
If you’ve been working on content marketing for a while, adding unique and engaging blog posts to your website can become a dreaded chore. How many different ways can you say what your business offers? God forbid you post duplicate content, as big brother Google is watching. So what are other ways to add fresh, new content to your website? How about some How To Videos using screen-casting.
Screen-casting is different than video blogging, as it captures your computer screen. It’s common to see screen-casting in tutorials and product demonstrations. Rather than talking into a camera, you can narrate content while demonstrating it. For example, you can take an excerpt of a PowerPoint presentation you’ve given. Choose a critical concept and parse it down to a 1-2 minute video. That’s a great way to leverage content marketing efforts and present your expertise using a educational focus.
Creating a How-To Video doesn’t need to be an onerous production. All you need is a good microphone and the right software. Here are some free as well as paid products:
Free Screencasting Products
- Jing – offered through TechSmith, the makers of Snagit and Morae. This product allows you to capture images on your computer screen and record up to 5 minutes of onscreen video.
- Screenr – is a web-based screen recorder. Since you don’t install the software on your computer, you can access it from anywhere and any computer (Mac or PC).
- Screencast-o-matic — a hybrid, this poduct provides an install and web version.
- Camtasia – this is Jing’s older sibling. At $300, it’s a more robust version that lets you create professional quality videos. It’s geared for PCs, and allows you to cut, splice and combine video clips.
- ScreenFlow – caters specifically to the Mac user and recently released it 3.0 version.
In his pre-Spectrum Group Online life, Massimo created Advanced Web Analytics training using Camtasia. This example shows you how technical information can be presented in logical bite-sized chunks.
Know of any other screen-casting software products that makes content marketing easier (free or paid)?
How can we help?
Need to create or revisit your SEO strategy? Not sure how to blend content marketing with White Hat SEO?
We are the spectrum group, and we offer strategic and tactical consulting so you can monetize your online presence. Call us for a complimentary 30-minute consultation to discuss your website’s user experience and translate that into sales.